August 26, 2008

Mount Veeder 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon

Mount Veeder 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon
A bit disappointing, honestly (still good though!). When I pay $28 for a wine, I expect my socks to be blown off. After all, I spend my time tasting wines at half the price. I first had this wine at a tasting, and it was the best one served all night - my wife and I both agreed and I noted it's label. Our wine egos were even stroked when the guy said we had the most expensive palates based on our preference. So with guests in town, I splurged on two bottles of the Mount Veeder Cabernet. The second bottle was never opened, so we'll see if I can manage to keep it a few years and compare and contrast this entry some day (good luck).

Very full-bodied black cherry & blackberry flavors with cedar-like flavors in the finish. Cola and chocolate flavors shine through as well. You can smell this one from across the room - and the flavors back it up. I love it when I can taste a variety of flavors like this, which typically means a great wine. I'll give it a 6/10 with a warning it's not for the faint of heart. $28 at Costco.

No comments: