October 30, 2008

La Crema 2006 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay

La Crema 2006 Chardonnay
Vanilla...lemon...butterscotch. You?

I've had this Chardonnay previously, but remember liking it much better than tonight. I suppose I'm a bigger fan of the buttery chardonnays, where this one is more on the acidic side. Oddly, when the wine becomes more acclimated to room temp, it's a bit more buttery & creamy and more to my liking. My reco is to not serve wine until it's been out of the fridge for 10-15 minutes.

The La Crema (that's 2 "the"s, for my int'l readers keeping score at home) was nice with the wild turbot from Trader Joe's, found in the frozen section. A good whitefish that cooks in 10 min on the broiler or grill.

Found this somewhat inexpensive chardonnay at Costco for $14. I'll give it a very average 5/10. Nothing wrong with it, nothing mind blowing.

No comments: