April 3, 2011

Chateau Bel Air L'Espérance 2008 Grand Vin de Bordeaux

Chateau Bel Air L'Espérance 2008 Grand Vin de Bordeaux Wine

In my last visit to Total Wine, I took a stroll down the France aisle and a few bottles caught my eye. This particular Bordeaux is a red blend of 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, and 20% Cabernet Franc. As the wife is dusting as I try to taste this wine, everything seems to taste like Pledge ;)


Seriously though, this is a good blend for the $9 price point. Light cherry on the nose. Overall, a very smooth wine and not overbearing. The granite undertones of this wine are striking – I could see some folks not enjoying that. For a lighter bodied wine, the tannins can sneak up on you. Also of note, the stubby little cork…it was only 2/3’s the length of a normal cork. Interesting first impression. 7/10 rating – I’d get this again, especially great value for the price.

No comments: