May 2, 2011

Chateau de Camarsac Bordeaux Superieur 2008

Chateau de Camarsac Bordeaux Superieur 2008 Wine




A French wine on the day Osama Bin Laden is killed?...how un-American! The below sums up my feelings on the matter quite well:



"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" - MLK Jr.


It's the colors of this bottle that first jump out...dare to be different and I'll buy. I was happy with this visit to the Bordeaux region and impressed by this red blend of 65% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 5% Cabernet Franc. $13 at Total Wine.

Lighter cherry on the nose, but bigger on the palate with dark berries dominating. Black berries and a zing from currant. Silky and smooth tannins.

7.5 out of 10...definitely a re-purchase, mainly so I can show off my French wine skillz.

No comments: