May 15, 2009

Muirwood 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon

Muirwood 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon Arroyo Seco

I'm enjoying this glass of celebration after purchasing my first mower, washer/dryer, and much much more today at Lowe's (thank you, 10% off coupon!). I'm a new homeowner now (I moved to NC, BTW), which I finding comes with much more responsibility than living in our city apartment in Chicago - like yard work. At least there is room for a wine fridge in the new place ;)

Total Wine is the local wine "warehouse" (nothing compared to Sam's in Chicago though). I picked up this bottle for $13 and am pretty happy with it; 7/10 rating. This was ready to drink immediately after opening, no need to wait around. The bold oak flavors made the Muirwood a quick favorite. The berries flavors are full and somewhat sweet. The tannins were quite muted, which made this a good sipping wine that didn't require a meal with it. An easy-drinking crowd pleaser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, nice blog. I've neglected the wine world for some time, what with my craft beer addiction. But I may reconsider after reading some of your reviews.

Aaron M.

Alleigh said...

Congrats on the move, the homebuying, and the great Lowe's and Total Wine purchaes!