May 8, 2008

Marraso 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon

Marraso Cabernet Sauvignon 2006
Ordered this one at an Italian restaurant in Portland last week - had to cork it and trunk the remaining half because I was driving. I enjoyed another glass of this while I devoured my Beef N Cheddar from Arby's the next day at lunch. The Marraso really brought out the onions on the bun. Classy, I know. Chicago doesn't have any Arby's anymore and I fill that gap in my heart with that tasty gray roast beef whenever I can.

It was $20 at the restaurant and $9-10 online, with many sites notating it as a best buy. It was too grapey for us and there wasn't a finish to blog about. Vanilla and cedar on the nose. 4/10 rating. And I just have to mention the back of the bottle contained two of the longest run on sentences I've ever read...Babel Fish can't do it all my Argentinian friends.

No comments: