September 21, 2008

2005 Christine Andrew Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel

2005 Christine Andrew Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel

Bursting with cherry smells and juicy flavor, with an excellent bite in the finish. Some tart raspberries in there as well. I sucked down two glasses of this zin in record time during dinner...just couldn't get enough. The spicy finish is killer.

Unfortunately, any wine over $15, I consider a special occasion wine. I purchased the Christine Andrew Zinfandel for $17 at Sam's. I'll rate it a strong 6.5/10. A delicious choice, but I'm thinking there are better at this price point.

Oh, and another interesting note, Christine Andrew wines are owned by the popular Ironstone Vineyards. According to the press release announcing this, it nailed it's marketing demographic (at least the low end of it):

The brand is priced in the $12 to $15 retail segment and is aiming to target "the experienced wine consumer between the ages of 30 and 55,"


2 comments:

Kevin Vanderhoff said...

I believe you mean that Ironstone vineyards own this, not Iron Horse.

CJeffCampbell said...

Excellent catch, good sir. I've edited the post to reflect your correction. Thanks!