November 27, 2008

Santa Ema 2004 "60/40" Barrel Select


Personally, I like this wine but not sure the masses would agree. It's a very powerful bang for your 9 bucks. Try with a red pasta or big steak. Heavy black currant with blackberry & plum flavors. Slight vanilla and oak on the finish. The creative folks at the Santa Ema winery in the Maipo Valley of Argentina named this wine for the 60% Cabernet Sauvignon & 40% Merlot blend.

After doing my little taste test above, I notice the sticker on the neck of the bottle where this Santa Ema was rated a top 20 value brand in October 2005's Wine Spectator. Apparently the masses do agree it's a good wine/value. Might I suggest they move that sticker to a more visible spot on the label?

4.5/10 rating. Worth trying, I'd love your feedback - my tastebuds are tired from a long day of Thanksgiving eating. $9 at Costco. Update: Caroline, my wife, remarked this morning "I give that wine a '1' because it's given me a headache both mornings when I've only had one glass!" And when you have a baby that awakes at 6am, it's not a good mix (see pic).

No comments: