March 15, 2009

2007 CMS Red Blend by Hedges

2007 CMS Red Blend by Hedges
The smokey nose, along with flavors of dark fruit really stand out for this red blend. This was another selection from Sam's Wine's Top 100 wines of 2008. The Columbia Valley CMS Red is composed of 42% Cabernet Sauvignon, 51% Merlot and 7% Syrah. She's got a spicy kick on the finish. A good find by Sam's, 6.5 out of 10 here. A good buy at $15 - I wish I had a steak to go with it. If you search online, you can find it a few bucks cheaper.

It was tough to fit in a glass of wine during St. Patty's weekend, but I am always there for my loyal readers. In Chicago, they start drinking at 8-9am on Saturday and keep it going all day. During an afternoon walk, I saw a drunk girl without pants (40 degrees), one without shoes, and one who almost crushed my pug when toppling over trying to pet him. Cheers to the Irish!

No comments: