March 22, 2009

Cosentino 2005 "The Poet" Red Meritage


"Best wine I've had in a year" was my initial reaction. I knew this was a good bottle, so we brought it out for our 2nd to last Saturday night in Chicago while going to our favorite BYOB sushi restaurant, Cafe Furaibo. Further, two of the gals we were with were (very) pregnant, so I wanted their single glass of wine to be a good one. A winner in "the poet"

What I didn't realize was this gem from Napa was a $75 bottle. I can't even remember where I got it - I think it was from a work event. This wine even took home the Gold at the World Wine Championships. Here are some specific tasting notes from another blogger. At $75, it's off my scale to rate, but like I said "best wine I've had in a year".

1 comment:

skirby said...

I know i just finished a bottle of this, 1999 vintage and i will have to say it was the best red wine i have ever had!! Cannot seem to find another 1999. I have had this wine for 6 years. Awesome Wondered how close the 2005 is to the 1999?