May 31, 2009

Oakwood Hollow 2006 Lodi Zinfandel

Oakwood Hollow 2006 Lodi Zinfandel
Oh la la - this was a great wine of the week! Great oaky flavor...I guess I should have expected that based on the name. Spicy vanilla robust finish. Per the label, this wine was "specially selected by the talented staff at Sam's Wine & Spirits", so I guess you won't find this one at your local grocery store. It was on their top 100 wines of 2008 list.

I'll rank this a strong 7.5, but have to knock it down a half point and keep it off of my top tier list due to it's limited availability. If you are prone to buying wine from websites, this one is truly worth the shipping costs. For the record, I've still never bought wine over the 'net - but am still looking for an excuse to buy the negroamaro I had in Seattle.

No comments: