February 7, 2008

Zumaya Tempranillo 2005

Zumaya Tempranillo
Zumaya Ribera Del Duero Tempranillo...Say that five times fast. Picked up this bottle on a Costco treasure hunt a few weeks back for $8 or $9. I was pretty sure Tempranillo was from Spain, but the regional map of Ribera Del Duero on the bottle didn't confirm (hey, i'm still a wine novice). Google confirmed it.

The Zumaya gets a 5/10 on the taste scale. My wife certainly liked it more than I did. Strong, very acidic. Seems like my lips, tongue, and teeth will be purple after a 1/2 glass. We're convinced we smell tobacco and taste blackberries. The wife would re-purchase. I would pass.

P.S. I'm smarter than a 5th Grader because I knew Chuck Yeager was the first to exceed the speed of sound in an airplane. Million dollar question my arse. Or maybe I'm just that smart...or maybe it's Maybelline.

No comments: