December 19, 2010

Cline 2009 Cashmere Wine

Cline Cashmere
So I must start with an apology as it’s been over a month since my last confession...err, post. I promise you that a wine a week has been drained…it’s the time to blog about it that I’ve missed. I’ve been Down Under (Australia) for a few weeks – and yes, I hit some winelands. More on that later as the bottles get opened, but will say, if you are visiting “The Hunter” (Hunter Valley, near Sydney), Brokenwood Vineyards is a clear standout.

The Cashmere is garbage. Fruit bomb. Disappointing as the Cline Zin is pretty much our house wine. $12 at Costco. It’s a red blend of Mourvedre, Grenache, and Syrah. We are drinking this on night #2 and it’s gotten sweeter and fruitier…and we didn’t like it on night #1 either. 2/10 ranking...most of the bottle was poured out. Stick to the Zin.

No comments: