February 4, 2011

Clifford Bay 2009 Pinot Noir

Clifford Bay 2009 Pinot Noir Wine
Ah, after a long week, this one hits the spot. This is my second good wine in as many nights - last night at Elway's Steakhouse in Denver, the Nickel & Nickel 2006 Zinfandel was a nice, dry accompaniment to my bone-in filet.

This Pinot Noir dances vibrantly on the tongue. Heavy grapefruit influences. Light in color, floral blossoms on the nose. A bit tart as it tingles on the start. It's a nice light wine and makes for good sipping. For $10 at Costco, I'll give it a 7/10 as it's pretty unique and of good quality. My only complaint is it gets jammy in the finish after a glass or two.

I'm not sure I've had a Pinot Noir wine from New Zealand, but I like this. With Spring oh so close, I plan to drain my share of Marlborough vino...but of the Sauvignon Blanc family.

No comments: