May 27, 2011

2009 Frenzy Sauvignon Blanc

2009 Frenzy Sauvignon Blanc wine

Pear & honeysuckle on the nose, very light with a citrus finish. Grapefruit and grassy tones dominate. A bit of saltiness in the finish that I didn't expect.

I picked this up at the local Total Wine for around $10. As I was carrying the bottle around the store, I ran into a work friend who is a graphic designer. He couldn't believe I'd ever buy a bottle of wine that used this awful font on the label. He picks his wines strictly by label design. I'll say he's going to miss out on this excellent bottle, but to each his own.


Good purchase: 8/10 rating and that makes my top inexpensive wine list.

I'm still saying to stick to the New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs vs. California if you like the more light, citrus & crisp vs. sweeter and golden. Cheers!

No comments: