July 14, 2008

2007 Kim Crawford Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
My first review of a 2007 wine...I feel like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack when he rejects the vintage wine and demands to be brought 'something more recent'.

After the first sip, I question why I haven't been drinking more Sauvignon Blanc this summer. The cool, crisp, refreshing flavors are perfect for this time of year - and the Kim Crawford didn't disappoint. Strong aromas and intense flavors of apple and pear which are also found in the finish. A tad citrus-y (lime?) in the finish which makes it juuuust a tad gummy. A few other reviewers tasted passionfruit and gooseberry...but I call BS as no one knows what those taste like. ;)

8/10 rating gets this summer treat into my best of the best inexpensive wine category. $13 at Costco for this beaut.

No comments: