July 20, 2008

The Wishing Tree - 2006 Shiraz

2006 shiraz the wishing tree
Wine Spectator gave this one 89 points, which isn’t bad for any wine under $10. “Not bad” was my initial reaction. The Wishing Tree has a very light start for a shiraz, but definitely has the tangy tannin-heavy bite at the end. Blackberry and tart cherry flavors. She was opened on Wednesday and still in her prime on Sunday night. I also enjoyed the label/name/theme of this wine as it's intended for sipping under a tree and making a wish. Can't tell you my wish though.

I’d recommend this wine as a great hostess gift that as it can be cracked open immediately (screw top) and will probably be one of the better wines out (at least in my circle of friends). Perfect for a BBQ or just to sip. For $9 at Costco, I was happy with the selection and give it a 5.5/10.

No comments: